For some it’s a dreaded word, and for others it’s a passion they can’t get enough of. The ones that do, really understand the benefits of having a great cardio. So don’t underestimate the importance of cardio exercise!
There are many benefits of cardio exercise and here are the top 8 reasons that you should be adding cardio into your workout on a daily basis.
1. Cardio exercise increases blood flow, which in turn heightens the oxygen levels in the body. This makes the body function more efficiently. Aerobics improves heart function and lowers pulse rate, bad cholesterol, high blood pressure, and plasma triglyceride,eventually lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
2. Cardio boosts immunity. A stronger immune system allows the body to fight infection and sickness. It helps eliminate airborne viruses and bacteria from the lungs before they spread throughout the body. The sweat produced by the body during the workout, as well as the rapid blood flow it promotes, aids in the elimination of carcinogens, toxins, and other wastes from the body. Because aerobics improves circulation, the distribution of the antibodies and white blood cells, which fight invading bacteria and viruses, also improves.
3. Cardio reduces the risks of arthritis and inflammation by lubricating the joints.
4. Cardio strengthens our bones, which lowers the risk of skeletal weakening and, consequently, the risk of fracture and osteoporosis.
5. Cardio improves mood by increasing the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) which lengthens the life of neurotransmitters and consequently helps prevent dementia.
6. It promotes feelings of peace and happiness by producing endorphins.
7. Cardio also increases serotonin levels in the brain which play a role in controlling appetite, decreasing depression, and improving memory, learning, and sleep. Studies have shown that as little as 25 minutes of exercise can affect the neurotransmitters in the brain in a similar way to antidepressants. In relation to this, cardio helps decrease anger, anxiety, and stress.
8. Studies have shown that people who exercise regularly have better cognitive function than those who live sedentary lives. Cardio exercise increases oxygen to the brain which improves brain cell growth and stimulate the production of the substances that repair damaged brain tissue.
The best recommendation for adults is to do cardio exercising for at least 30 minutes, five days a week or 75 minutes three days per week. Start with a slow warm-up, then go into your cardio work out into a 5 minute cool down. Add a little strength training and stretching 3-5 times a week and you will see results and feel better in no time.
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home4/theonew7/public_html/the1stclasslifestyle/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273