Sometimes it’s hard to believe in yourself and believe that you could be something greater than what you are given. What we don’t realize is that, even the most elite have started from the bottom but have conquered their dreams simply from changing their thoughts. The mind is a crazy, dangerous yet incredible place and sometimes, to believe in something and reach your dreams, all it takes is a little change of direction in how you think. In sports they say to be the best, you need to compete against the best. So in lieu of competing against the best, I have compiled a list of 10 quotes from several great entrepreneurs, so that you can change your thoughts and start making actual moves on reaching your dreams through the advice of someone who has done so.
10. “Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.” – Mark Twain
Everyone can say what they think they are but only few achieve it. This is the first and most important step. If you do not act on something, you will never achieve anything. That goes for more than just following your dreams. Go after what you want, at any given moment, on any given day.
9. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma- which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
So, you were brought up in a good family with your whole life set out for you. You have a passion for making music but you chose the easier road working for your dads company because it’s easy and that’s what your parents wanted. But are you happy? If that job is what you want, stick with it. But don’t ever waste life’s precious moments by just settling. Do what you have to do to get to where you want to be and never let someone change what you love and believe in.
8. “It’s not about money or connections. It’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business. And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time.” – Mark Cuban
I’m going to justify this quote by Mr. Cuban, with another quote by him. “It doesn’t matter how many times you have failed, you only have to be right once.” Everyday, find a new way to learn and grow within your industry. And never give up. It has been reported on Forbes that 90 percent of startups fail and without complete confidence in an idea and the determination to do whatever it takes to success- an entrepreneur won’t make it.
7. “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow.” -
If you wait until you are 100% ready, you will never be ready. Just do it and learn from your mistakes and value your successes.
6. “Life is too short for long term grudges.” – Elon Musk
Nothing in the world should be enough to hate someone or something forever. People aren’t always going to be on your side, nor are they always going to be there for you when you want them to be. But if you died tomorrow, would whatever your mad at be worth it? If something didn’t work out- keep going and do better than before. And realize that everything happens for a reason. Just do you and don’t worry about who is there or not because in the end, all you have is yourself.
5. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
Don’t bite the hand that feeds you and never belittle another being. You will go far for all the right reasons and people will notice that and respect you.
4. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
Entrepreneurs never allow something negative bring them down. Even if it’s about them. They know that feeling sorry for themselves and wasting thoughts on that negativity will only hold them back. The quicker you learn to get over things, the quicker you might land your first million dollar idea.
3. “The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it and exploits it as an opportunity.” – Peter Drucker
You don’t need to be the first, you just need to be better than them. Find what needs a change, fix it then deliver it better than your competition.
2. “I like to invest in people that I like to hang out with.” – Robert Herjavec
Don’t be a dick. Stay focused. Stay humble.
1. “The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself.” – Wallace Wattles
Be the best version of yourself, never stop believing in yourself, never put others down and stay grinding.
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home4/theonew7/public_html/the1stclasslifestyle/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273